Honeypot is a tech-focused job platform. Our vision is to build the world’s largest worklife community for technical talent. We are strongly committed to the developer community, creating OSS documentaries, such as Elixir and Ember, and running large scale conferences such as GraphQL Conf.
We want to build the “Vice for Developers”, a media platform which combines video and journalistic-quality content, reporting on developer careers, culture and life. As Video Producer you will join a team of shooter-editors, working closely with our Video Lead to create original documentary content specific to software developers. To get an idea of our future direction, check out our YouTube channel and read the comments 🙂
We look for potential.
To thrive in the Video Producer position, you:
- Are a shooter-editor with the ability to take a project from pre-production through to post production
- You possess a strong belief in storytelling
- Storytelling is more important to you than the technical aspects of the job
- Your portfolio speaks for itself. You’ve earned your stripes as a filmmaker and have the projects to prove it
- You have projects that you created for the love of the craft and not for any client
- You’re a scrappy filmmaker: you know how to create cinematic films with low or no budget and you work quickly
- Great people skills: you make anyone you meet feel comfortable around you
- Excellent English skills, both spoken and written
- You are intrinsically motivated and love to work independently
- Excellent organisational, project, and time management skills
- Willing to travel regularly
Furthermore, you are passionate and care about:
- Continually pushing yourself and growing your abilities
- You have strong opinions about the style and aesthetic of your work
- You hate to publish work that you aren’t proud of even if it’s deemed “good enough”
- You are fascinated by people, what makes them tick and the stories that surround them
- You aren’t afraid of challenging beliefs and embracing change
- You don’t shy away from controversy
Become part of our growing community.
Join our highly diverse team of 35+ nationalities and share:
- An environment that embraces freedom and autonomy and values team spirit and open communication
- A joined vision with our Head of Marketing to build an exceptional content strategy
- An atmosphere where intrinsic motivation comes first
- First-hand learning from experienced entrepreneurs/startup professionals on how a company is built from scratch
- Bi-annual overnight off-sites, regular team events and weekly Friday night drinks
This is a 9-month full-time contract based in Berlin, with the intention of extension into a long-term position.
Honeypot is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applicants from any national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religious background, gender identity and those individuals with disability.