Supporting Moderate Education in Syria
Education for Development Division
Position Location: Berlin, Germany
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Department of State’s Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA) one-year Supporting Moderate Education in Syria will focus on increasing equitable access to educational opportunities; assist youth in overcoming fear and personal security concerns through psychosocial support; strengthen the capacity of education directorates and other education actors (including teachers) to deliver education services; promote a unified education system in Syria; support moderate, secular, inclusive and safe education; and provide safe and adequate school structures for children.
Position Summary: The Team Lead is responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the program as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of the program in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Team Leader reports to the Project Director based in Headquarters and supervises program staff.
- The Team Leader provides overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise for the program.
- S/he serves as the primary liaison with government counterparts, local authorities, and/or (civil society and education sector) partners on management and technical matters.
- S/he will supervise program implementation and ensure the activities meet stated goals and reporting requirements.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in education or another relevant field. PhD is desired.
- At least 10 years of experience in international development.
- At least 5 years of experience in senior management positions.
- Significant experience working with education programs in conflict/crisis affected countries.
- Fluency in English is required. Working proficiency in Arabic is desired.