Who We Are:
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. Wayfair s websites generate millions of clicks, with customers and partners that visit our sites every day. The Web Analytics team is focused on understanding and optimizing user behaviour as a key enabler for the company to move fast and iterate quickly on big business problems. We swing big, knowing our customers won t benefit from micro-optimizations.
With a specific focus on our supplier facing sites, as a Senior Web Analyst, you will directly partner with teams across Product, Engineering and UX to design on-site tests and analyze user behaviour patterns to improve our sites. The team provides critical data visualization, analysis and optimization to business partners, driving strategic and tactical decisions across our supplier-facing websites.
What You ll Do:
- Collaborate with leaders of Product, Engineering, UX, and more to identify the most impactful ways for data and analytics to drive decision making and accelerate profitable growth.
- Comprehend, extract, and transform information from multi-terabyte databases including sales, clickstream, logistics, product, and supplier data to deliver business insights and recommendations.
- Design and build solutions to empower stakeholders across Wayfair to self-serve analytical needs.
- Become the subject matter expert for data, analytics, and testing of our supplier-facing websites to ensure accurate and proper interpretation of core business metrics and user behaviour.
- Perform deep-dive analysis, including the application of advanced analytical techniques to solve some of the more critical and complex business problems including website funnel progression, customer segmentation and targeting, as well as testing.
- Develop data visualizations, including reports, dashboards, and analyses in Tableau to distribute data insights in an easily digestible manner to over 10,000 global employees.
What you ll Need:
- Experience in an analytics, business intelligence, data science or engineering role performing quantitative analysis.
- Proficient knowledge of SQL (incl. aggregate functions, joins, etc.) or other structured programming language(s) e.g. Python, Java, C.
- Hands-on experience conducting quantitative analyses on large data sets; experience with Tableau a plus.
- Strong English written and verbal communication.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record.
- E-commerce or retail analytics experience a strong plus.
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary, yearly bonus, and an attractive equity package
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops, and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership, not only in the Berlin office but also with Boston, London, and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development
- Regular company-sponsored social events to connect with your team and fellow colleagues
- An office location in the heart of the Berlin startup scene, with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork