KAYAK is the world’s largest travel search site, helping people find the best travel choices easily by searching data from hundreds of travel sites at once. We are looking for a Search Marketing Manager to help us optimize our global marketing initiatives. This position will make you an expert on performance marketing for the region of your responsibility. It requires collaboration with the marketing, engineering and commercial teams. You will join a dynamic and growing team of young online marketing professionals and will help us to drive important marketing initiatives that are essential to growth in this market.
- You own existing search engine marketing (SEM) campaigns for brands such as KAYAK, momondo and Mundi, and expand keyword coverage, write compelling ad copy and optimize Google Ads and Bing Ads campaigns
- You execute tests, collect and analyze data, identify trends and insights in order to optimize the campaigns
- You launch new accounts and campaigns based on the team’s roadmap to hit the company’s strategic objectives
- You identify fact-based trends and opportunities within the campaigns proactively to drive business objectives
- You maintain clear communication with team members and share optimization insights
- You keep up with the latest Search Marketing trends and platform features
- You collaborate with cross-functional account teams including engineering, localization, marketing analytics to optimize campaign performance
- You contribute as part of an international team of online marketing managers
- This position reports to the Search team lead based in Berlin
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- 3+ years experience managing performance-based search engine marketing campaigns with significant spend. Google Ads Certification a plus
- Highly analytical mindset for analysis and reporting. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required, SQL knowledge a plus
- Extensive experience in optimizing towards CTR, CPC, CPA or ROAS goals and understanding how these metrics affect each other
- Fluent in English and preferably excellent Portuguese speaker. Additional languages such as Spanish would be a plus
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Excellent content writing and editing skills
- Fun, ethical, passionate team player
- Results oriented, creative, resourceful, and highly organized
- Multitasking, agile and motivated professional that sees opportunities and takes initiatives
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world’s leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK’s portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Free lunch catering 3 days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Regular team events/excursions
- Flexible hours
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.