The Brandwatch Strategy & Insights team mission is to help clients leverage the power of social intelligence to inform strategy, monitor progress and measure success of client business initiatives.
The team synthesises and interprets vast amounts of social content to provide actionable insights that tie back to a client’s business goals.
We are hiring a Research Analyst to join our team in Berlin to provide strategic guidance to enterprise clients and produce high quality and insightful deliverables.
- Provide strategic and consultative guidance to enterprise clients across roles/functions, with an understanding of how social data fits into larger business goals/data
- Build a research/storytelling plan that maps to the brief, project objectives with timelines and accountabilities
- Execute and deliver on a research plan and build a narrative with data that is engaging and actionable
- Present research findings/insights to senior level executives
- Travel when required to in-person consultations, including some travel outside of standard office hours
- Help build exposure and thought leadership for the team internally and externally (representing Brandwatch at events, blogging, webinars, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of marketing/market research and/or social media
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills (trend-spotting, data exploration and methodology awareness)
- Understanding of the benefits and limitations of various social media metrics
- Able to think like a client; able to assess relevance, context and actionability of findings and develop into actionable insight
- Strong business writing and communication skills – able to weave a coherent narrative that supports client needs
- Excellent presentation skills
- Advanced proficiency using Brandwatch products (training provided) and Microsoft suites to address client needs
- Able to write complex Boolean queries that return relevant results
The ideal candidate is:
- Fluent in English
- Commercially minded, able to multitask and juggle priorities with humor and grace
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with other analysts, teams and clients
- Cares about the quality and integrity of their work, with a high sense of personal accountability
- Curious and analytical; able to make sense of qualitative/quantitative data and make recommendations based on client objectives/needs
- An excellent communicator and a data storyteller, with the ability to clearly explain complex ideas and data, both verbally with clients and in deliverables
- Confident working with senior leadership within enterprise organizations
- Skilled in manipulating data and creating charts in MS Excel, PPT or similar
- Experienced (two or more years work experience in a research related field); client/account management or research sales experience a plus
- Experienced in data/statistical analysis, market research, online analysis required
- Delivers work on time and to expectations outlined by lead analyst or strategist
- Delivers work in accordance with brief, Brandwatch Style Guide
- Is able to weave a compelling narrative that maps back to client business objectives
- Creative and proactive problem solving as issues arise
- Successfully present/deliver work to clients, accounting for varying client roles, use cases and needs
- Take ownership of project process, ensuring data cleansing, storyboarding, brainstorming and review
- Successfully represent Strategy & Insights team internally and externally
- Able to receive and act on feedback
- Continuously seeks new opportunities for development and growth
Successful candidates will demonstrate and uphold Brandwatch values: Be Bold. Be Brilliant. Be Authentic. Be Accountable. Be Connected.
What we offer;
Benefits: Offering a range of benefits including: 30 days paid holiday and health/benefits packages.
Culture: Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. As a growing international company, with 6 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and above all we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch: Brandwatch Berlin is a dynamic and buzzy office just a short ride to the centre of the city. We have cupboards bursting with snacks, a well stocked drinks fridge, sushi lunches, and weekly breakfast. With a number of world-class shops and restaurants a stones throw away, there is plenty to keep you busy on your lunch hour.