Mercedes-Benz Bank Service Center in Berlin is a service orientated, innovative and international subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz Bank AG. Located in the heart of Berlin, we provide financial services for customers in the automotive industry. Fairness, openness and integrity are central elements of our corporate culture.
We are proud to offer a modern work environment close to Berlin-Alexanderplatz. As the best employer in Berlin-Brandenburg we can offer you various opportunities for development and attractive employee discounts and benefits. Come and join us, and become part of an open-minded and committed team!
The European Shared Services for Debt Collections in Berlin services delinquent retail and small business customers for Germany, Spain, Italy, France, BeNeLux and the UK. The focus of the department is to mitigate credit losses through customer interaction in order to reach payment arrangements with our customers.
As a Professional for Retail Collections UK you will be required to minimize risks, failures and losses by considering and respecting all internal and external requirements. It is a very self-responsible role under the business scope of the assigned retail customers in the UK.
Your tasks will be:
- Responsibility for retail areas in the UK market
- Negotiation with customers to collect monthly installments from customers facing a problem of high arrears
- Using available technology while adhering to regulatory requirements
- Use negotiation tools to determine customer reasons for delinquency
- Proactive thinking to assist customer in determining the proper resolution (payment, restructure, voluntary surrender)
- Provide restructuring agreements to qualified customers
- Support to collections third parties
- Management of incoming/outcoming emails, letters, faxes and payments allocations
Join us and be part of this exciting challenge!
- Completed bank/commercial education, additional qualification desirable
- Experience in debt collection and/or customer service
- Experience in conflict resolution and customer retention
- Strong knowledge of the UK markets
- English at native speaker level
- Other languages will be considered as a plus
- Communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Good assertiveness
- Good teamwork skills
- Reliable and self-reliant way of working