Imagine what you could do here. At 2e Systems, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. 2e Systems is seeking a dynamic and talented Operations and Support Manager to lead our global Operations and Support team as we continue our transformation from project to product-based delivery with agile development.
2e Systems is a leading computer engineering and development company specializing in aviation software solutions, like online booking, check-in, mobile app and communication solutions for the travel industry; we develop and operate critical systems for our major airline clients worldwide, and our Operations and Support team is central to our success.
Our head office is in the Frankfurt/Main area, Germany, and we are looking for the right candidates to join our growing team, preferably in our Frankfurt office. As an alternative, we would also consider candidates who prefer to be located in our Zagreb office.
Our support engineers at all levels of experience are responsible for operations and support of all our SaaS client deployments across several products, including internal systems, working closely with software developers to deploy and maintain our systems and keep them operational 24/7.
As the manager of this team, you are expected to have a strong enough technical background to lead it effectively and drive continuous improvement. You will manage a team spread across 2 locations (soon possibly more) and therefore strong leadership and interpersonal skills are essential to ensure the team works as one and continues to develop.
Attention to detail, setting high standards and leading by example are qualities we are looking for. As well as these, an ability to identify the need for and set up new procedures to make the operation smoother and occasional client interaction are to be expected
Main tasks of the position, including overseeing of
- Manage a team of operations and support engineers in 2 locations (Frankfurt and Zagreb)
- Report to the Head of Operations and Support (Frankfurt)
- Run the daily operation ensuring support is staffed 24/7
- Handle client escalations if/when necessary and ensure escalation procedures are followed consistently.
- Participate in recruitment of new engineers organizing technical evaluations
- Provide consultation to new and existing clients which may occasionally require travel to client site and face-to face meetings
- Assist with new business proposals on technical points (or organize the answer with your team)
- Prepare time/effort quotations for new business proposals or any other work tasks;
- Estimation and prioritization of own work activities
- Close collaboration with worldwide colleagues and clients
- Hands on experience as an Operations and Support Engineer
- Experience in leading and mentoring a team of Operations and Support Engineers
- Willingness and ability to take on a team lead role
- Proven experience in automating processes to improve the operations
- An in-built desire to document things efficiently with emphasis on quality, not quantity
- A strong willingness to dive deep into problems and look at fixing them properly, for the long term
Some understanding of, and ideally experience with:
- UNIX (ideally Linux) as well as operating system and networking concepts
- RDBMS, NoSQL
- Highly available, highly scalable, high volume transactional systems
As well as:
- Enthusiasm, dedication, and a well-organized approach
- Excellent spoken and written English
- The flexibility and willingness to travel when required
- Senior systems administrator (SAGE level IV)
- A qualification such as Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computing or a related discipline
What we offer
- Work in the interesting and dynamic airline industry
- We are strongly international and offer cooperation with colleagues and clients globally, including opportunities for international travel
- You will work with engaged and highly competent colleagues in independent teams with high levels of autonomy
- We have an informal and friendly environment with many exciting professional and technical challenges
- Fun office events and celebrations
- Free snacks, drinks, and coffee always available
- You will receive a competitive salary combined with good opportunities to develop professionally
- Further education and professional development are encouraged and supported
- Your work will have a direct and visible impact on our business and clients
About 2e Systems
2e Systems was established in Germany in 2000. We now have offices in Croatia, Ireland, the UK, Romania, the US, and Australia. We use many of the latest open-source frameworks and technologies to build stable and high-quality products.
We provide airlines with internet and mobile solutions for booking flights, check-in, notifications, and crew management. Included in our list of clients are airlines such as Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, LATAM Airlines, airBaltic, Croatia Airlines, and JetBlue.
We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. Every new product we invent and improve, and every new service we create, is the result of people working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That happens here because every one of us strives toward a common goal – creating the best customer experiences.