BaseCase is a software as a service company with an international spirit. Our Berlin HQ is near Checkpoint Charlie. With almost 40 employees globally, from over 20 nations, we produce innovative, cloud-based software to help the pharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics industries communicate the value of their products.
We offer growth opportunities for employees, with a flexible work environment. Benefits include:
- Public transport subsidization
- Paid vacation days and company holidays
- A modern office space in central Berlin
- Regular team events
Currently we are looking for a Mobile App UI Designer to join us in conceptualizing, designing and implementing mobile apps for clients in the life-sciences industry, using our proprietary technology.
- Design and implement value communication apps for desktop and mobile with a focus on UI/UX, storytelling, and data visualization.
- Conduct an iterative, creative process to find the optimal way to visualize data and communicate key messages, so as to present the products of our customers in the best possible light.
- Collaborate with the Consulting Director and Director of Design to define and iterate UI designs on PowerPoint and the BaseCase platform
- Maintain client branding guidelines, updating them when necessary
- Manage several projects for different clients concurrently.
- Create life sciences app at the intersection of marketing, health economics and mobile app design.
- Be involved at all stages of the project lifecycle, from wire-framing, to storyboarding and app implementation.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field
- 1+ years of relevant professional experience in graphic/interactive design
- Strong UI/UX design skills and a passion for the design & development of beautiful and engaging apps
- Proficiency with Mac operating system, design software (Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, etc.), PowerPoint, Excel.
- Solid understanding and appreciation of the core principles of effective app design, user interface and user experience as well as a talent for all elements of design, layout and typography
- Interest in value communication, medical products and data visualization
How to stand out:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with different disciplines
- Great written and verbal communication skills, both within the company and with customers
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Desire to learn, try new things, and problem solve
- Potential to grow professionally as we grow
- Proven technical ability
- Attention to detail
The position will be based in Berlin, Germany. You must have the right to work in Germany. As our office language is English a good command of written and spoken English is indispensable.