Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
In Germany, Abbott has more than 3,000 employees working in manufacturing, research and development, logistics, sales and marketing. They are located at Abbott`s German headquarters in Wiesbaden and its sites in Hanover, Neustadt am Rübenberge, Wetzlar, Eschborn and Witten. Alere in Cologne and Jena is now Abbott.
Abbott Diagnostics Division is looking for a
Marketing Specialist (m/f/d)
based in Wiesbaden, Germany.
- Ensure an overall marketing communication plan is set that will contribute to the achievement of the business objectives & targets and increases brand and product awareness internally and externally
- Ensure the right channel mix selection for communicating our messages based on a clear understanding of our brand, our products and our customers (their behavior, needs and most effective channels to reach them)
- Craft and create content and promotional material to be used in both online and offline channels such as brochures, flyers, e-newsletters etc.
- Co-develop content marketing strategy via customer testimonials, advertorials, and develop proof sources that demonstrate the value proposition of Abbott Diagnostics
- Take the lead in creating content for our website, and ensure the website is regularly updated
- Manage and execute integrated strategic promotional campaigns (online and offline) around our specific products and services
- Ensure clear metrics and KPIs are set in place for the various promotional/advertisement campaigns
- Drive our presence at events; ensuring optimal brand positioning, effective products and services promotion, cross-team engagement and contribution, pre-during and post event promotion and communication, effective leads management and integration into our wider strategic communication plan
- Manage and execute social media content, advertisement plan and be actively present, e.g. to discuss industry-related topics
- Manage and execute our regular e-newsletters, grow the subscribers database and report on key set metrics and KPIs
- Performance reporting and analytics on all various campaigns, events, advertising and content marketing activities (customer engagement, conversion, reach, shares, likes, brand awareness etc.)
- Network with industry experts and potential clients to drive brand awareness
- Work collaboratively with Global, Area and Country Marketing to ensure strategy alignment.
- A degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Marketing Communications Specialist or similar roles
- Knowledge of marketing trends and strategies
- Familiarity with B2B and B2C advertising campaigns
- Hands-on experience with web content management tools, Email Marketing software (such as Marketo, Campaign Monitor, Pardot, Google Analytics, Hubspot) as well as MS Office and Data analytics tools (e.g. Excel, Tableau)
- Good understanding of and experience with marketing campaigns on digital channels (web, social, advertising)
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired, knowledge of HTML is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- English excellence is a must
- Resourceful, Self-motivated, eager learner, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- 20% travel required.
Abbott Germany has a range and variety of jobs on offer in a positive and dynamic environment that allows you to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We provide development opportunities as part of our comprehensive Talent Management Program. Your contribution to the company’s success will be rewarded with a competitive salary package. We offer comprehensive benefits to suit the lifestyles of all our employees, from a retirement plan that is far above market average, a save-as-you-earn program, to educational scholarships for children, and health management initiatives for staff and their dependents.