At AMPLEXOR we innovate, we are experienced and committed to our clients and employees.
We provide digital state-of-the-art solutions that are both universal and tailored to our clients’ needs.
At AMPLEXOR we think global, we think ahead and we think about the future.
At AMPLEXOR we give you the space to grow and the opportunity to develop an international career in a multicultural environment.
About the role:
We are looking for a Japanese in-house translator/reviser to be a part of our translation team based in our office in Berlin.
- Translation and revision of technical texts/documents in the economically most efficient way for AMPLEXOR, from German and English into Japanese, your native language.
- Produce translations using translation memory systems.
- Revise and review translations into Japanese.
- Perform terminology research, TM maintenance, and other related activities.
- Work in a team environment to meet the short-term (daily, weekly) and long-term (monthly, yearly) requirements of the various projects requiring translation and revision work.
- Meet deadlines and ensure quality according to the AMPLEXOR quality and quantity standards.
- Participate in process improvement projects affecting the translation workflow.
- Native Japanese speaker (mandatory).
- University degree in Languages or Translation; or alternatively University degree in Technology, Law or Finance.
- Ideally professional experience working as a technical translator.
- Language skills: excellent knowledge of the mother tongue and very good command of German and English (knowledge of other source languages is an asset).
- Good knowledge of commonly used computer desktop applications (e.g. MS Office, production applications, Adobe Acrobat, etc.).
- Practical experience in using CAT Tools (e.g. Trados Studio, XTM, Across, Transit, etc.) would be a major asset.
- Good teamwork and communication skills.
- Excellent self-organization skills.