Snuk is looking for an experienced Internet of Things Engineer. You’ll be part of a team that builds a state-of-the-art open infrastructure and networking solution. From sensor and network nodes over dedicated gateways within commercial buildings, to necessary cloud services.
There are countless IoT services that address isolated use cases for improving efficiency, security, or comfort within buildings. Currently, those service providers need to spend a lot of time developing their own on-premise infrastructure. That’s where we come in. Our open infrastructure solution provides an easy and cost-efficient way of deploying services into large-scale buildings.
Our technology stack covers a wide set of engineering skill sets. We touch on every technology you need to build an IoT solution. Part of our architecture is cloud based (running and hosted using AWS), while a part of our software runs on embedded linux devices with various wireless communication interfaces. Our deployment infrastructure is based on Docker, Kubernetes and the Hashicorp stack. Most of our code is written in Go, which fits our toolset and works well on embedded devices.
We are ready for you to start as soon as possible.
Who we are looking for:
– You have experience building IoT solutions.
– You have experience using wireless products (WiFi and Bluetooth preferred).
– You have experience in networking.
– You have experienced using embedded devices (sensors, gateways, routers, …).
– You have experience in both software development and hardware development (or at least hardware troubleshooting).
– You have gained knowledge in Go, or you are ready to learn Go.
– Knowledge of Python, C, C++ is a plus.
– You know your way around in using and adapting open source tools and libraries.
– You’re ready for heavy collaboration, code review and pair-programming with other software engineers.
– You have good English communication skills.
What we offer:
– Working directly with the founders and shaping the company.
– Having impact on the product from day zero.
– Solving challenging problems in a novel way.
– Employee stock option plan.
– Working in downtown Berlin, sharing an office with the WATTx incubator.
– International team.
– Having access to experienced colleagues from the WATTx team.
Learn more and apply via www.snuk.io/careers.
We are one of the ventures from WATTx, an IoT company builder. For more information check out www.wattx.io.