8fit understands the obstacles people face on their fitness journey. It often isn’t easy, and there’s no one-size-fits-all way to find lifelong health. That’s why we’ve set out build the best way for people to achieve their personal fitness goals. 8fit makes healthy living fun and simple by providing tailored workouts, meal plans and guidance in one easy-to-use app. We are a team of over 80 people, based in Berlin, with a large global user base. Our aim is for fast growth to become the #1 app for a healthy lifestyle.
To enable our growth, we are looking for a Head of People & Culture to work closely with the people and leadership team to build on our strong culture and agile, business mindset. You’re an experienced leader with a desire to help scale the internal operations of a high-energy, performance-based team. You are motivated by establishing and adapting strategies which will have a long-term impact on growing our employees.
- Lead and advise our managers and leadership team on all topics related to performance management, people development, coaching, inclusion, and change management
- Anticipate areas of change and implement changes based on our business, goals, and challenges
- Be the first point of contact for all questions about People & Culture and communicate any changes to our people strategies and programs
- Evaluate and revise our compensation and benefits strategy and our leveling structure as the company develops
- Manage a small team and scale the People & Culture department as the company grows
- Build a diverse and inclusive team and continually improve our recruitment processes
- Develop and execute team and culture-building initiatives align with company vision & pulse
- You have 5+ years of Human Resources experience, ideally in rapid-growth tech companies
- You have a proven track record of implementing and leading a performance-based culture & providing training and support to managers
- You value the importance of employee engagement and continuous improvement incorporated into everyday business
- You are an analytical thinker and a talented communicator, as well as approachable and empathetic
- You speak and write in English at a native-level (German is a plus but not essential)
- You are comfortable with variety of HR systems and tools such as HRIS (Hibob), ATS (workable), Performance Management (Small Improvements, etc).
- Additional pluses: knowledge of German Labor Law and occupational psychology
What it’s like to work at 8fit:
We endorse healthy life choices to millions of people and we stick to them ourselves, so “work/life balance” is core to how we do things. But don’t just take our word for it – you’re welcome to drop by and meet the team! We’ve got a lovely office in Friedrichshain, right on the river Spree. It’s quiet, bright, well-stocked with healthy snacks, and every Friday, we get together for a healthy lunch.
Other perks of being an 8fitter:
- Flexible office hours, to ensure you have plenty of time to enjoy life (and fit in a workout)
- Stock options, so you can share in 8fit’s success
- A health & wellness benefit, naturally
- Yearly company offsite to escape harsh Berlin winters – this year, we’ve headed to Thailand!
- Remote work policy that allows for extra flexibility, year-round
- Professional development grants to help you learn and grow
- Relocation benefits and visa assistance for non-EU citizens