What’s next in music happens first on SoundCloud. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio. Our People Team focuses on building high performing teams with a healthy balance of acquiring talent externally and developing talent internally.
We’re now on the lookout for a Head of Workplace to join us in this mission and support our offices in Berlin (HQ), New York, London and Los Angeles. by providing a world class working environment designed to enable employees to do the best work of their lives.
You will ensure a unified employee experience as it pertains to working environments, office processes and policies, employee care and cultural connectivity. You will partner with the team leads of all of our departments to ensure a working environment that helps them meet their business goals. You will improve and iterate on systems around supplies, tools, space functionality, budgetary standards and cultural events and manage the global office team. You will be responsible for gathering worldwide best-practices and contacts at other companies as it pertains to office space and employee experience.
Your general tasks will be:
- Create a workplace strategy and roadmap
- Lead a team to process 500+ transactions per month
- Budget planning, budget
- Negotiate contracts and manage vendors
- Data analysis and reporting
- On board and train contracted teams
- Lead a team to plan and execute our summer and winter parties in Berlin and New York
- Plan and execute on space changes (office moves, desk adjustments, room changes)
Skills and Experience needed to be successful in this role:
- Minimum 7 years of facility management experience with managing offices and people across minimum 2 international locations
- Proven project management and strong negotiation skills
- Strong leadership and people management skills of managing a diverse team of employees and outsourced vendors
- Strong social and communication skills, especially with tech companies and engineers
- Huge heart for people and building an inspiring workplace
- Fluency in English, comfortable in a multicultural environment, German is a plus
Are you ready to celebrate success with a world-class people team? Then we look forward to your application!
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.