‘Five years from now we’ll be active in areas we haven’t yet dreamed of’. Harold Goddijn, CEO TomTom.
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. Would you like to contribute to designing and developing innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals?
When: 2nd September 2019.
Where do you want to be?
We are looking for the best and brightest minds in Sourcing/Supply Chain to join our Global Sourcing team within the Traffic & Travel Information (TTI) Unit in Berlin, Germany. As we have continued to grow and launch our Traffic & Travel products and services in more countries around the world, we have developed a global scope for our sourcing activities. The tasks are diverse and range from supporting the execution of the global expansion and improvement strategy through to sourcing for new suppliers and management of existing ones. This is a great opportunity to get insights into different activities around international sourcing. The experience and future opportunities:
- You will be involved in new product launches and the improvement of existing products through sourcing and supplier management activities;
- You will support the whole sourcing process from supplier identification and qualification, analysis of data, to commercial negotiation and contract drafting;
- In addition to new suppliers, the management of existing suppliers will include an assessment of performance, and management of payment obligations;
- You will also take care of market, competitor and pricing analysis as well as reporting and database management around sourcing;
- You will assist the sourcing team with daily tasks;
- You will be actively involved in the provisioning process, enabling customers to access TomTom products.
What do we expect from you?
This is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Bachelor or Master Student in Business Administration, Management, Supply Chain/Sourcing or a related discipline;
- You are a team player with a dynamic, outgoing personality, and an interest in Sourcing and Traffic Information;
- Good knowledge of MS Office is required;
- Proficient in English (both written and verbal) with excellent communication skills; The ability to speak another EU language is an advantage;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- You should be enrolled as a full-time student for the complete duration of the internship and be required to complete an internship as part of your course (i.e. a mandatory internship).
What do we offer?
1. An adventure in the cutting-edge field of digital mapping, traffic and navigation solutions;
2. The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures;
3. 6 months internship contract;
4. 850 Euros (Gross based on full-time work).
Who are we?
TomTom created the easy-to-use navigation device, one of the most influential inventions of all time.
Since then, our software and navigation technologies have been powering over hundreds of millions of applications across the globe. From industry-leading location-based products and mapmaking technologies to embedded automotive navigation solutions; innovative personal navigation devices and apps to advanced telematics fleet management and connected car services. We continue to shape the future, leading the way with autonomous driving, smart mobility, and smarter cities. www.tomtom.com