Carnival Maritime – located in Hamburg (Germany) – is one of the leading centers of excellence in the global maritime industry. The digitalized unit supports the operation of the very modern fleet of the Costa Group, currently numbering 26 cruise ships of the brands Costa Crociere, Costa Asia and AIDA Cruises. We are offering great opportunities to work with international experts in a dynamic and vibrant team.
We are looking for you to fill the following position:
Fuel Manager (m/f)
- Development and continuous management of the fuel budgets and forecasts as well as variance analysis
- Maintain an up to date and appropriate level of knowledge and expertise on all fuel types including LNG to support the business and system decisions.
- Provide out of hours cover for fuel related issues.
- Responsible for ensuring fuel is planned and purchased to allow ships to comply with environmental regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring fuel is planned and purchased to optimize the fleet fuel purchasing plan to achieve the best possible level of reliability of supply, price and quality.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in shipping related discipline
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience in the area of shipping
- Professional experience in the area of fuel management would be preferable
- Knowledge of LNG and of ISO fuel specification would be preferable
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office – specifically Excel
- Confident in direct and effective communication within a multinational environment
We offer a challenging opportunity in a multinational work environment with English as our company language.