Who we are
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 10 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things every day.
Our app was named by Apple as one of the best in the App Store. We received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
At Blinkist, we deliver key messages from a wide variety of nonfiction books in our Books-in-Blinks, which are made up of 300-400 word long “blinks,” each explaining one key message from the book. In order to achieve this, we rely on a network of highly skilled and experienced freelancers who help produce our Book-in-Blinks every week, giving our users the best learning and listening experience possible. We’re now looking to add to this awesome team by growing our narrator pool.
– Narrate and record 2-4 Book-in-Blinks a week (or, up to ±1h,20 mins recording hours per week)
– Work with our team of audio engineers to deliver the best quality audio blinks
– Use your professional, friendly, and natural voice to enhance the Blinkist voice and engage our users
– A conversational, engaging, and natural narrator voice
– Your own, or access to a recording set-up with good sound absorption and familiarity with microphones, audio equipment, and audio recording software
– Narrator, voice over, and/or audiobook experience and a relevant audio sample
– You can speak, write and read English at a native level
– The capacity to narrate at least 2 Books-in-Blinks per week
– Excellent self-organisation
– High responsiveness to feedback and edits
– Attentiveness to deadlines
– Comfortable working in a collaborative environment
– A love of great nonfiction books is a plus
– Experience with Google docs is a plus
What’s in it for you
As a Freelance Narrator at Blinkist, you’ll be a part of a smart, talented and exceedingly friendly team of people who all contribute their specific skills to creating interesting, insightful and meaningful content for our Books-in-Blinks. You’ll not only develop the skills needed to efficiently narrate this unique type of content, you’ll be able to stay up-to-date with the latest, popular non-fiction works.
We know that freelancers often have to juggle many different tasks and roles; therefore, we have designed our process to be highly flexible. We try as hard as we can to ensure you can work whenever is best for you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
JOB IS EXPIRED.