CDP Europe, one of the world’s leading climate change NGO’s, is seeking a highly motivated individual to join CDP’s corporate engagement team. This position is an exciting opportunity to learn how to engage with global multinationals, such as L’Oréal, Volkswagen and Telefonica, around the reporting requirements of their strategies to mitigate climate change, improve water security and tackle deforestation.
We seek staff excited to work both with data and people, and happy to provide basic support and data analysis around our reporting frameworks and membership programs. This is an entry-level position with the perspective to grow into a Regional Officer or specialised role within our themes or memberships over time.
About CDP: CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Working with institutional investors with assets of US$87 trillion and 100+ Supply chain member companies with US$3000 billion procurement spent, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 6,300 companies with some 55% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2017. This is in addition to the over 500 cities and 100 states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information and driver of change globally. Please visit www.cdp.net tofind out more.
The role includes:
- Supporting the disclosure and reporting needs of large European companies during their disclosure process, i.e. with regards to basic technical service and support around our questionnaires and scoring methodologies;
- Getting to know CDP’s company engagement by supporting the regional and membership account managers with central tasks and data analysis;
- Engaging directly with smaller companies to support their environmental management, reporting, memberships and commitments;
- Supporting the key disclosure & scoring processes for CDPs climate change, water and forest programs in the regions;
- Supporting the organisation of CDP events, i.e. Spring Workshops and European annual conference;
- Supporting and developing corporate data analysis and presentations for various publications, i.e. the integrated European report or sponsorship offerings;
- Supporting with the management of partners;
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- BA/BSc degree or similar early work experience;
- Keen interest in corporate sustainability themes and related company challenges;
- Enjoy working with people and large corporations for a good purpose, ability to work with teams in a multi-national setting;
- Ability to take the initiative, multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure;
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills;
- Love for data, with attention to detail and good research, analysis, and drafting skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point) and experience with CRM systems;
- Excellent English skills (verbal and written), other European languages are an advantage.
What we offer:
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic, innovative and highly motivated team;
- Working with many dedicated and passionate people for a good cause;
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Flexible working hours;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at Sony Centre/Potsdamer Platz with free hot and cold beverages.
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany.