With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who enjoy learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are readily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel, more than 600 team members from over 50 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
We are looking for a Country Manager UK/Nordics for our office in Berlin!
Your mission as a Country Manager UK/Nordics will be to grow Babbel’s footprint in the UK, Ireland and the Nordics (including Greenland). You will be helping all language learners from Brighton to Spitsbergen learn foreign languages.
- Define the growth strategy and associated marketing plan for Babbel’s UK/Nordics region.
- Provide local consumer insights to inform marketing plan & investment decisions
- Lead & develop the UK/Nordics geo team made up of 6-8 channel managers.
- Manage the P&L of the region, including steering the development of revenue, subscription base, brand awareness and all localization efforts in order to maximize advertising efficiency.
- Distribute & approve the marketing budget per channel to optimize user acquisition and retention.
- Lead or sponsor UK/Nordics-specific multi-channel communication campaigns.
- Coach channel managers on the execution of all marketing plans locally.
- Coordinate and share knowledge with fellow Country Managers.
- Support channel leads on hiring decisions for the UK/Nordics region.
- Reporting directly to the Director of International Growth.
- 5+ years of experience in (online) marketing, user acquisition, consulting and/or business development with strong international exposure.
- Full fluency in all aspects of spoken & written English is a must, with additional Nordic languages as a plus.
- Resided in the UK for extended time, with a strong understanding of the local culture, language and business norms.
- Superior quantitative skills combined with strong financial & marketing planning capabilities.
- Comprehensive understanding of the current trends & technologies in online marketing is a plus.
- Team player with an entrepreneurial start-up attitude, hands-on mentality, high motivation and willingness to learn.
- Willingness to travel on a monthly basis on short business trips.
- Previous experience with an online and/or subscription business model is a plus.
- Previous leadership experience is a plus.
- Have a highly visible role in growing one of our key markets, UK/Nordics.
- Responsibility from day one.
- Participate in hackdays and growth days from day one.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- Great company benefits. (High-end company bike, fresh fruits & drinks, etc.)
- Start-up mentality and attractive working environment in the heart of Berlin.