All about 8fit
At 8fit, our vision is to make the world a healthier and happier place – that’s what gets us out of bed every morning. We help millions of people around the world reach their personal goals with workouts and customized meal plans.
We understand the obstacles people face on their health and fitness journey. It’s not easy, and there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. Our app delivers delicious, accessible meal plans and quick, effective workout routines. We guide people in creating and solidifying healthy habits for a sustainable lifestyle.
8fit is looking for a content marketing pioneer to help us realise our mission of transforming human health and wellbeing with a liberating, self-loving, and holistic approach to fitness. You’ll take ownership of developing and executing our content marketing strategy, working to drive growth in an already high-growth environment.
A creative dynamo with a deep understanding of the content marketing landscape and strong interest in fitness, health and wellbeing, you understand what’s important to consumers and how to create stand out content-based experiences that resonate with and engage them. As comfortable developing short and long form written content as you are audio and video, you’ll deliver a calendar of activity aimed at driving awareness and engagement with our brand.
After your morning coffee, you’ll…
- Establish & continuously evolve our content marketing strategy and tone of voice
- Define and deliver an annual calendar of content optimised towards maximising brand awareness & consideration
- Develop, maintain, and continually optimise our content development process (planning, creation, distribution)
- Establish a fast, iterative, test and learn culture as a foundation to continually optimising performance
- Design and conduct internal trainings and education on recruitment-related topics such as interview techniques and bias in recruitment
- Provide full analysis and reporting on the performance of our content marketing program.
- Communicate: Whether one-to-one or in a group, the ability to exchange ideas effectively and with empathy is a vital part of your skillset.
- Own it: Autonomy comes with responsibility. Good or bad, you own your decisions and their outcomes. There’s no such thing as ‘not my job.’
- Are curious and creative: Ask questions. Think critically. Vocalize ideas. Try new approaches. Nurture creative problem solving, learning and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate: Being able to share and develop ideas as a team makes us stronger. It’s a conversation, not a monologue.
- Are agile: Adapting to changes and iterating on initial concepts is all part of the process. There’s no room for rigidity.
- Value balance: Work to live, not the other way around. It’s important to have a rich, fulfilling life outside the office.
- Are human: Be humble, admit mistakes readily, and never stop learning and growing.
What’s in your toolbox?
If that sounds like you, read on.
- You are a fitness & wellbeing fan / enthusiast
- You are a native-level English speaker
- You have a track record of having delivered effective content marketing programs for a: lifestyle, wellness, digital, mobile, media, entertainment, or brave FMCG brand (i.e. Red Bull).
- You have a demonstrable editorial intuition paired with strong editorial planning
- You have a strong bias for action: the ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Additionally you might have:
- 4+ years of experience creating content for brands in an in-house and/or agency role
- Knowledge of generating and using customer insight with deep customer empathy
- In depth knowledge of the ins and outs of SEO optimization
- Experience launching new and innovative digital products & services
What’s in it for you:
- Flexible and remote working hours, because a work-life balance should be the rule not the exception
- Professional development grants that support your career growth
- Stock options, as 8fit’s success is your success
- An Urban Sports Club membership – fit is in our name
- Weekly workouts, we are a fitness app after all
- Healthy snacks and weekly company lunch, so you can feed your body and brain
- In-house German lessons, Deutsch ist einfach!
- A helping hand if you need to relocate
- Meet-ups, game nights, workshops, and much more
Situated in the heart of Berlin, our spacious, modern open plan office is located right by the river Spree. We’re a short bike ride or scenic walk away from cool cafés, historical and cultural sites, sports events, gyms and fitness studios, as well as spacious parks.