For the Professional Services department in our company State Street Global Exchange (Europe) GmbH in Frankfurt (Solmsstrasse) we are looking for a Business Implementation Consultant / Business Analyst (m/f) – Job ID R -589367 .
The Business Implementation Consultant / Business Analyst is responsible for all aspects of delivery of the brand new State Street’s front-to-back platform, as well as Charles River Development’s software, CRIMS, and State Street’s investment compliance suite MIG21 / GX Compliance to our clients in EMEA and worldwide. The candidates will have to leverage their business expertise (focused on investment compliance for the start) to become a product expert in a short amount of time and remain up-to-date as product and industry changes require. We offer jobs at both Business Analyst and Senior Business Analyst levels.
The ideal candidates will either already have or need to develop a mixture of asset management/business knowledge, business analysis, project experience, relationship management and implementation experience. They will be comfortable running a challenging implementation project, dealing with all the associated issues, either individually or as part of a larger team. This role assumes some knowledge of database systems (preferably SQL) and understanding of technology.
- Deliver and manage the day-to-day basis implementation projects for State Street’s clients
- Analyze business processes, document business and technical requirements, convert business requirements into functional specifications
- Implement and parametrize a comprehensive software solution (based either upon CRIMS or MIG21) and/or compliance rules that model all necessary internal, investor, and legal requirements from both business and IT perspectives; ensure that the client’s needs are understood and documented
- Visit national or international customers from time to time on-site to deliver consulting services in the forefront (including best practices, business workflow, and training)
- Work closely with the project managers, business users, quality assurance, developers, and other technology professionals to ensure that projects are completed on time and in budget
- Maintain a general awareness of industry changes and trends
- Level of responsibility will increase together with the level of seniority the candidates possess
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Information Systems, IT or related fields; a professional certification is an advantage but not a must-have (e.g. CFA, CRCMP, PMP, FRM)
- Ideally about 1-3 or more years experience within investment financial industry (e.g. asset management); alternatively a similar track record with an emphasis on logic-based coding of business rules and/or systems implementation and/or financial or technology consulting
- Ability to understand and decipher prospectus, investment policies, practices and procedures, and other client requirements related to fund management and translate all requirements into logic-based rules and workflow processes
- Solid knowledge of major security types, including domestic and international equities and fixed income instruments, derivatives, and other holding types that typically constitute a mutual fund or a financial index
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements is an advantage but not a must-have, e.g. UCITS, AIFMD, MIFID II, as well as key market best practices, such as IBOR, ex-ante and ex-post, front / middle office
- Some experience dealing with users or clients from either a technical or business area
- General knowledge of databases and SQL, understanding of relational database tables and structures; working experience with data mapping and data modelling is an advantage but not a must-have
- Very good presentation skills in English; German skills beneficial
- Eagerness to develop project management skills
- Organized, self-motivated, deadline and solution oriented
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with both peers, management and clients
- Ability to travel from time to time to clients and consult them on-site