Bachelor of Engineering Graduate in Mechanical Discipline, with expertize in New product development in Medical and Consumer Electronics Domain.
Currently Working with Schneider Electric India Private Limited in Design and Development department working of Back ups for Home usage and UPS / Inverters for Office Use.
My Previous Employer was Larsen & Toubro Technology Servics, Whre I was provide with an oppurtunity to work on developing Consumer Electronics products like Data Acquisitin System and Medical Products like Ultrasound Scanner.
I do have hands on experience in Revers Engineering and Bench marking Projects, Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools for Documentations, presentations.
Currently looking to relocate to Germany as my spouse is about to relocate to Germany from her Current Company Infosys in couple of weeks.
#98, Sai Priya’s Environ Residency, E-Mail: [email protected]
Electronic City, Bangalore-560100 Mobile: +91-9964770340
To work in a stimulating environment, where I can fully utilize my knowledge & skill, facilitating growth of the organization and to grow with it.
PROFILE & SKILLS
Mechanical Design Engineer with 7.6 years of experience in NPD, Prototyping, VA-VE & Benchmarking, Reverse Engineering, CAD Migration Activity and Project Proposal Drafting
Hands on Experience in Plastic Part Design,
• Design for Inj. Molding, Interpreting Mold Flow Analysis and Tool DFM report
• Design of Snap fit, Screw Mounting Boss, Crush Ribs
• Design for plastic part assembly – Heat Stacking, Ultrasonic Welding
• Design for Strength, Determine Plastic part thickness
Hands on Experience in sheet metal part design & assembly techniques
• Load bearing Chassis, Mounting Brackets, Clinch Fasteners
Hands on Experience in Machined part design
Hands on Experience in Tolerance Stack-up Analysis
Hand on Experience in 3D CAD tool SOLID WORKS – SOLIDWORKS Certified Professional
Conversant in GD&T- ASME Y14.5M-1994 & ASME Y14.5-2009
Conversant to DFMEA, DFMA , Cause & Effect Analysis, ‘5 Whys’ methods
Exposure to CAD tools like Inventor, Unigraphics, PRO/E, AUTO CAD & CorelDraw
Knowledge of automation component sizing & selection
Hand calculation to support the system design , mechanism design activity
Exposure to IEC standards for medical device – IEC 60601-1, IEC 61010-1
Exposure to MIL-810F – Shock and Vibration Test
Exposure to product compliance testing procedures, compliance test specification drafting
Manufacturing drawing reading capabilities
QMS documentation per ISO 13485
Technical proposal drafting, effort estimation – time & resource, should Cost, Scheduling
Project requirement specification, PMP, SOW documentation
Scheduling & leading weekly status call with client, minutes of meeting documentation
Experience in handling clients & vendors from different culture – US, Denmark, China
Capable of handling small sized engineering team, work assigning
Vendor evaluation and selection, follow ups for prototypes
Prepare design & drawing checklist, conduct reviews
Organizing technical training for the team
Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical (VTU, Karnataka) Score – 68%……..2004-2008.
1. APC by Schneider Electric, Bangalore
Designation: Senior Design Engineer
July 2014 – Present
• To perform the lead role in the design of sheet metal and plastic enclosures, subassemblies and assemblies that meet the mechanical, thermal and DFA/DFM requirements of the system.
• To interact with Mechanical qualification team in identifying appropriate vendors and develop prototypes of parts and subassemblies.
• Perform thermal modeling and advise thermal management solutions.
• To analyze, test the prototypes and document the test results. Refine the design based on the inputs from the prototype testing.
• To take a lead role in interacting with ID House and support in finalizing the Concept.
• To prepare and evaluate the final design specifications in the form of 3D CAD models, 2D drawings.
• To interact with Mechanical Qualification team for deciding the tooling and release 3D and 2D data for tooling.
• Participate and support design reviews during tooling.
• To conduct Design Verification Tests (DVT) on the tooled up product.
• To design and develop packaging foams and cartons. Generate die-cut drawings for cartons. Generate artwork for screen/pad printing and label on the products. Get the artworks reviewed by the appropriate team.
• To plan and support tooling phase of development.
• To support New Product Development team to release product to manufacturing and meet quality goals.
• To participate in new tool qualification and tool maintenance follow up.
• Support qualification activities for new parts. Perform lead role in release of documents into PDM.
• Plan and support PCB assembly design, sub-system and system level testing..
• Take lead role in performing DFMEA, Tolerance stack up analysis and other preventive action steps during new product development.
• Supported Pre-Production Mold Tool Trails in CHINA, BANGALORE, RUDRAPUR
• Interpreting mold Flow analysis and Tool DFM Reports
• Inspection of T0 and T1 Samples for Part Completeness, Dimensional Accuracy
& Mold Defects
• Co-ordination with Chinese and Indian Tooling Engineers for Tool DFM, Part Modification
• Supporting Pilot Production, Resolving Production line issues (DFA issues)
2. L&T Technology Services., Bangalore
Designation: Senior Design Engineer
Sep 2010 – July 2014
1. Design of Portable Data Acquisition System
2. Design of Portable Ultrasound Scanner
• Aluminum and CRCA Chassis design for Electronics and Power supply
• Plastic Bezel design for 12” Touch screen LCD Panel
• Design of enclosure and chassis to reduce Electromagnetic Interference through Board level shielding, conductive coatings
• Interaction with cross Functional teams – PCB, Electricals, Industrial design, Thermal And Structural Analysis Teams
• Product Compliance testing as per IEC 61010-1 & MIL 810F
• DFM, DFA, DFMEA, Thermal / Cooling, Cable Drawings, Prototypes
• Part Procurement and Manufacturing Support to Contract Manufacturer
1. Hair Dryer
2. Stent Delivery & Deployment Device
• Competitors product data collection for comparison by online research
• Product systematic tear down, BOM creation with information on component primary and secondary function, basic manufacturing & special process, Should cost details, assembly time requirements
• SOP [Subtract and Operate] procedure to eliminate redundant parts & features
• Construct ‘Function-Cost’ matrix to identify the scope for value engineering
• Estimation of cost saving with implementation of new ideas
• For benchmarking – comparing the features of the competitors product against a set of common attributes, quantifying the comparable values, e.g. force required to deploy, deployment rate, etc.
• Suggesting the improvement ideas using hand sketches, CAD tools
• Preparing Power point presentation & Documentation
Drawing Migration Activity,
• To migrate the CAD data [3D & 2D] from inventor to Solidworks
• Creating the check list to assist in review
• Validation by superimposing CAD models, comparison by volume, documentation
• The re-engineering of surgical bed, with deliverables consisting of,
• Hand sketch drawings with measured dimension,
• 3D models & drawings,
• Component specification
3. Merritt Innovative Solutions India Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore
Design Engineer – Deputed to Clyde Union Pumps
Feb.2010 – Aug.2010
• Hand sketches to Solidworks – centrifugal pump volute Casing, impellers, seals
• Part & assembly configuration using design tables in solidworks
• Developing complex 3-D casting models for analysis, closely Coordinating with the in house analysis team and foreign clients.
• GA drawing preparation for centrifugal pump assembly in AUTOCAD.
4. Navashakthi Hydraulics, Bangalore
July 2008 to Feb 2010
• Detailed design & sizing of linear hydraulic cylinder parts
• Piston, gland, end caps, tubes, rods, tie-rod, seal Selection
• Single acting, double acting, telescopic cylinders
• Design of hydraulic wrench
• Re-engineering of hydraulic cylinders
• GA drawings & should cost estimation for quotation
Co-ordination with in-house manufacturing team and external vendors
1 Team Player & Contributor
2 Ready acceptance to ever changing Environment
3 Eagerness to Explore and Learn
1 Road trips, Touring
2 Listening to music