Your team will be actively implementing and sharing best practices across Contract Logistics operations for 1 specific enterprise account in various sites in the EMEIA region, aimed at further driving the positive development with this customer.
The Commercial and Operations Support team is specifically responsible and accountable for DB Schenker’s Regional Contract Logistics business with our customers in Europe.
Responsibilites include customer management, development of growth opportunities with the customer, and ensure implementation of such initiatives, driving operational improvements, working primarily with the local operations and with Cluster and Global Account management and various customer stakeholders, in line with corporate strategic goals
- Counterpart to customers Regional Supplier Managers in EMEIA, on all topics relating to project implementation (including new business processes), process improvements, & on-going performance
- Maintain active engagement and visibility with key customer and Schenker operational managers throughout the EMEIA Region
- Drive operational excellence through quality and continuous improvement initiatives and monthly performance reviews with site operations (and customer).
- Monitor productivity/scale within operations and facility, and work with local operations on optimizing processes and facilities for scalability to continuously support customer volume growth, all in close alignment with peers around the globe.
- Work closely with the customer to drive key initiatives and scale planning for the operations in the EMEIA region for high tech, high value and high volume Finished Goods distribution
- Fully utilize your skillset and experiences to design, implement and actively share best practices across all customer sites in the Region, ensuring alignment of requirements and processes across all sites to drive unified service delivery to the customer.
- Co-ordinate with peers in the other regions (APAC, US) to facilitate delivery of operational requirements, and leverage process improvements and productivity gains across all sites
- Work with in-country operations supporting this client to achieve target performance and business outcomes.
- Work very closely with local, regional and global IT functions to implement capabilities and improvements based on initiatives identified including reporting capabilities, following an aligned plan for the overall systems landscape. Commented [BC1]: Still to be discussed
- Conduct audits in the country operations to ensure process, documentation and SR (Supplier Responsibility) compliance, and quality levels
- Internal communication to all relevant DB Schenker stakeholders to ensure clarity and alignment of all resources to agreed customer requirements.
- Ensure that the Corrective Actions Reports (e.g. 5C methodology) from (country) operations really address the root causes and monitor – or get actively involved in – the closure of the issue and the communication around it with the customer.
- By Cluster and Country organizations about operational and technical aspects of the relationship with our customers.
- By the Global Account Management Team, for all commercial, operational and strategic CL topics related to the European business with our customers together.
- By peers in other Regions for alignment on global initiatives and process standardization Informed
- By the Cluster and Country organizations and the Global Account Management Team, about all topics that (potentially) have an impact on the customer relationship.
- By the Regional Finance/Controlling department about the P&L development of the various sites/operations we run for our customers.
Your role You will help to develop a winning CL culture in the European Region, by – building strong relationships with customer contacts/stakeholders on various levels, striving for a clear win-win mentality in the partnership – building strong relationships and cooperation structures with the Management Teams in countries responsible for our customers Operations, Global Account Management Team, Global and Regional Head Offices and specialist teams.
- At minimum Bachelor level in Logistics, and 5+ years’ experience in Operational and Commercial (leadership) roles in the CL/SCM industry
- A deep understanding of the international CL/SCM market, its requirements, developments and dynamics, with focus on running distribution operations for finished goods in the High-Tech Consumer Products market
- Target oriented person with a positive attitude to delivering support to people with different cultural backgrounds, in various roles and geographies
- Ability to travel frequently throughout Europe, and occasionally inter-continental
- Ability to set and manage your own agenda, prioritize under pressure and work proactively and autonomously
- Strong English (written and verbal), moderation and presentation skills are essential
- Good interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the internal and [CUSTOMER] organisation, and be able to work effectively in a matrix environment, also influencing individuals outside of direct management control
- Ability to direct and coordinate tasks to ensure they meet critical deadlines
- Ability to understand project sequences and consequences of non-conformed tasks, whereby previous management of complex projects across different countries is a plus
- Strong implementation capabilities to support implementation for new business projects with the skills and experience to develop standard processes and to implement and deploy across complex organizational structure.
- Able to understand B2B IT systems and WMS in order to discuss/ translate Business requirements to IT counterparts
- Process mapping and problem solving skills to identify bottlenecks and improve productivity
- Interested in technology trends and able to relate usage to enhance operations
- Work well under pressure, and able to handle customer demands effectively
- Analytical and logical approach
- Team player and capabilities to manage projects and processes remotely
- Computer savvy with good working knowledge of business tools. Working knowledge of SAP an advantage.
Joining our team will grant you the opportunity to actively contribute to the further development of our European CL/SCM activities (targeting at least 8% year on year profitable growth) and to operate and communicate within an international network.