- Shipping supplies (Corrugated Materials) category management experience in Procurement, ideally within a large scale, fast paced Retail Distribution, Production or Manufacturing environment
- Strong experience in Materials Management and Logistics domains
- Analytical, data driven approach with attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of ERP and/or MRP systems ( such as Oracle, SAP, COUPA etc)
- Computer literate – advanced knowledge of software programs (i.e. MS Excel, Access, Outlook and Word)
- Proven ability to influence, follow-up and negotiate with both internal teams as well as external suppliers
- Proven ability to build constructive and effective relationships
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) at all levels
- Able to travel (50% of working time)
This is your chance to make history.
Business area: Operations – Procurement
We make sure Amazon gets value for money every time it buys non-inventory goods and services for its Fulfilment Centres (FCs) and corporate business. It’s a fast-paced operation that supports growth and change, works with every department and is driven by Key Performance Indicators – and there’s plenty of healthy competition. We work individually and as part of teams, meeting regularly to cement our relationships and approach.
For more information about Amazon Operations, visit our microsite and click here: http://amazon-operations.eu
Role: Procurement Specialist
The Shipping Supplies Team, reporting into the Procurement Function, ensures that Amazon gets value for money for non-inventory goods to provide the Fulfillment Centers with the necessary shipping supplies they need to operate smoothly. As a Regional Shipping Supplies Manager, you will own the shipping supplies processes, from ordering to consumption, for the entire region. You will be a good listener to understand the demands of your internal customers and maintain strong supplier relationships.
Besides your day-to-day activities, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in projects and innovate. You will be a key part of a multinational team and thrive in delivering high-quality results.
The extent of your responsibilities will include but is not limited to:
- Manage a team of Cluster Shipping Supplies Buyers
- Secure the flow of shipping supplies deliveries from the suppliers’ premises to the Amazon locations by close-up communication support and immediate trouble shooting in support of the cluster buyer team
- Calculate the flow of packaging goods from dock door to pack bench shelves and dimension requirements in space, manpower and sequencing of work steps by applying a pre-established template.
- Implement standard goods receipt processes in every new site by means of a standard protocol to be established between site management and suppliers of shipping supplies
- Audit on regular interval implemented and agreed goods receipt and materials management processes
- Monitor, complete and improve communication lines between suppliers and Amazon staff listed in escalation paths, check validity of provided phone numbers
- Develop relationships with primary internal customers (on-site management teams), external suppliers and other Amazon Teams (Operations and Corporate)
- Support print management of boxes and other packaging material by acting as regional contact for suppliers for print samples and logistics roll-out to the FCs
- Track defects in existing processes such as goods receipt, consumption posting, yard operations etc. and Liaise with the LUX team for getting them settled.
- Define and streamline stores operations
- Continuously evaluate supplier performance and proactively engage with suppliers to minimize defects
- Act as a bridge to improve communication channels between the cluster buyers and the EU Procurement Team
- Work as an escalation POC for FCs and suppliers to resolve urgent issues promptly
- Train new team members, especially the other Regional Shipping Supplies Managers, on day-to-day activities
- Schedule weekly team and one-to-one meetings with the cluster buyers to share feedback
- Conduct review meetings with the cluster buyers during peak to monitor the days of cover figures, space availability for ShipSU stock and other critical factors
- Report regularly defined KPIs to measure and analyze the team’s progress
- Ability to manage and coordinate remote teams
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Bias for action and result driven mindset
- MBA or CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) qualifications would be advantageous