Who we are
HomeToGo is the world’s largest vacation rental search engine, helping millions of users around the world book their dream vacation in over 200 countries. Behind our product, is a talented team of 150+ dedicated to helping people find the perfect vacation rental, whether a cozy cabin in Colorado or a dog-friendly beach house in Ibiza. Driven by our innovative and open culture, our international team brings together our passion for travel and technology to change the way people book vacations.
Ranked by Gründerszene magazine as Germany’s fastest growing start-up, we’re now searching for the best and brightest talents to join us on our journey.
We’re currently looking for a freelance Japanese Translator (m/f) to assist with translation and copy-creation for the launch of our Japanese-language website, apps, and other pages.
In this role, you will get the chance to gain first-hand experience of product management in Germany’s fastest growing start-up and help our millions of users around the world book their dream vacation.
In this role, you will
- Translate English-language product copy into Japanese for our website, apps and other pages.
- Ensure that Japanese texts convey original meanings and tone of the English originals, while also adapting to the language and culture of the Japanese market.
- Help define the appropriate style and tone for our Japanese website and ensure alignment with external translation agencies.
- Proofread translated texts for correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Assist with other ad-hoc translation, copy-writing, and QA tasks.
- Coordinate with our Product Design & Brand team on brand and design-related translation topics for the Japanese market.
What you’ll bring
- Native-level Japanese and fluency in English.
- Previous experience with Japanese translation, localization, and copy-creation.
- Excellent understanding of how to address our target group appropriately.
- Excellent attention-to-detail and good prioritization skills.
- Able to work independently along with a hands-on attitude.
- A willingness to work onsite in our Berlin office once per week.
What we offer
- The chance to contribute to our global success story.
- Exposure to the tech-driven travel and tourism industry.
- A growing library and employee-led workshops.
- A beautiful converted industrial office space in Berlin Prenzlauer Berg.
- Frequent company and team events, Beer Fridays, lunch roulettes, and regular charity initiatives.