Hey – there’s a revolution going on! A revolution in digital entertainment. Every day millions of people around the world choose to be more thoughtfully entertained, informed and educated by listening to fascinating stories and all forms of fictional and non-fictional content on their smartphones and other mobile devices.
Audible , an Amazon company, is the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment on the internet, offering customers a new way to enhance and enrich their lives every day. Audible’s content offering comprises more than 300,000 audiobooks and audio plays from 800 publishers. Titles downloaded from Audible are compatible with hundreds of mobile devices, including the iPhone and Android smartphones. Audible is also the preeminent provider of spoken-word audio products for Apple’s iTunes® Store.
Based in Berlin , Audible GmbH is looking for a Finance Manager, Content (m/f) who will be fully responsible for the timely and accurate processing of Audible’s royalty reporting and related payment processes for Germany, France and Italy. In this position you will be partnering with our EU Content, US Royalties and the US Data Warehouse teams, report directly to the Finance Director off Audible EU and have 1 direct report.
- Ensure timely completeness and accuracy of high volume, system´-generated royalty reports resolving discrepancies, maintaining content provider databases, and ensuring timely payment of advances and royalty payments to over 800 external partners.
- Initiate, drive and implement improvements of royalty processes and become a subject-matter expert on the royalty process.
- Prepare reconciliations and controls to improve accuracy, advance allocations, and completeness.
- Provide timely and researched communication to internal and external contacts related to royalties.
- Partner with EU Content, US Royalties and the US Data Warehouse teams to keep to payment schedules and contract compliance.
- Manage queries (internal or external) through internal ticketing system.
- Lead researches and resolutions of all failed and returned payments.
- Weekly/monthly/quarterly metrics reporting and analysis for royalties.
- You will lead and be responsible for the development of one junior colleague.
- Proven finance experience (3+ years) and a university degree in Accounting, Finance or any other related field.
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills as well as advanced excel skills and experience working with large data files.
- Understanding of intellectual property licensing/ (royalty) rights.
- Your exceptional written and verbal communication skills help you to communicate fluently in English.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task with various projects.
- Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity environment as well as a strong sense of urgency with all work-related tasks.
- Self-motivated and highly organized with good time management skills.
- Former work experience as financial or accounting analyst as well as first team management know-how.
- Experience in working with royalties.
- Fluency in a second European language (especially German, French or Italian).
- New system/process implementation experience which includes identifying gaps where system enhancements can be made.
- SQL, Hyperion, Oracle, Workday experience.