Communications Officer – based in Berlin, Germany.
DSW is looking to recruit a dynamic and committed Communications Officer. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced self-starter to work on developing the communication needs of a new project exploring the area of women’s rights in east Africa. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual to initiate and create a real difference within this important area.
Areas of responsibility for the position include
- Collaborate with project stakeholders towards developing a key communications strategy and work plan.
- Develop and implement the project brand.
- Develop and coordinate the project’s website and create synergies with all digital communications, social media, and new media channels associated with the project.
- Production and quality control of communications materials, products, reports, and toolkits.
- Oversee and contribute to online/offline content development.
- Measure and evaluate communications impact and progress for this project.
- Demonstrated experience developing/coordinating communications strategies.
- Solid experience in the communication/publication development process, website development, brand knowledge, and evidence of a digital first mind-set.
- Successful experience in content marketing, social media, and communications via the creation and editing of digital content and communications products.
- University degree or equivalent professional qualification in communications or in another relevant field.
- Native-level English speaker, with proficiency in German. Command of French considered a very strong asset.
- At least three years’ experience working specifically within communications in an international
- Exceptionally strong writing and copy editing skills in native level English.
- Experience in working in the development area, and willingness to travel to Africa.
- A pleasant working atmosphere within a dynamic department
- A competitive salary